WARRENDALE, Pa., April 26, 2017 – WCX17: SAE World Congress Experience—SAE International’s completely transformed, signature event—recently wrapped a successful three days at Cobo Center in Detroit, serving as a global nexus for mobility industry leaders, inventors and disruptors from Detroit to Silicon Valley and everywhere in-between.
WCX showcased a full-spectrum, full-sensory interactive experience, uniting the mobility industry’s best talent from innovation hubs around the world for active learning, high-powered collaboration and technological discovery.
Important, industry-changing topics including: autonomy, electrification, connectivity, disruptive propulsion and powertrain, regulation, cyber security and safety were discussed and debated by the giants of the mobility industry at WCX.
“WCX has surpassed our expectations for the first year of this newly reimagined event,” says Jim Forlenza, Group Director, SAE Events. “We look forward to building on the dynamic new elements introduced this year to continue to showcase next gen technology as well as the brightest minds in our field.”
Select highlights include:
- • Exclusive, standing room only interview with Anthony Foxx, former United States Secretary of Transportation, during the Leadership Summit about regulation, technology, customer acceptance and disruption in the marketplace.
- • Keynote speakers, including: Dr. Ken Washington, Vice President of Research and Advanced Engineering of Ford Motor Company delivering the opening keynote titled “The Future of Autonomous Vehicle Technologies” on April 4, Mr. Kai YU, President of China Automotive Technology and Research Center, focusing on “China’s Automotive Industry Development and Sustainable Innovation” on April 5 and Raj Nair, Executive Vice President and Chief Technical Officer for Ford Motor Company delivered remarks at the WCX Annual Banquet on April 6.
- • Bustling exhibit hall, featuring: 3M, BMW Group, DENSO, Eastman Chemical, FCA, Ford Motor Company, General Motors, Hitatchi, Honda, Horiba, Lubrizol, NASA and Toyota, among others.
- • A session—Vehicles as a Shared Economy and the Effects of Automated Technology—focusing on how mobility service providers are transforming the transportation industry with panelists including executives from General Motors, Uber, Lyft, DENSO International America, Inc. and Zipcar.
- • Original equipment manufacturers and technology companies come together in new areas for presentations, gathering spots for networking and targeted pavilions: Career Central, Innovation Market, The Leadership Summit, Learning Lab, Technology Pavilions, Knowledge Bar and Tech Hub.
- • Special events and programs: Annual Banquet honoring top OEM and supplier executives; Women’s Program; Atrium Vehicle Display; Experience: The SAE International Journey; and America’s Supercar—Ford GT Vehicle Event, among others.
As the event evolves into WCX: SAE World Congress Experience, spanning the entire mobility industry, even more engineers, engineering managers, executives, academics, government/military officials, and consultants will attend.
Ford Motor Company provided Executive Leadership and DENSO served as the Tier One Strategic Partner for WCX.